Our first organizational core value is “We Care About People” and we made sure to live this value in our care for our team members since the onset of the pandemic. Here are a few examples of how we have put our people first:
- President and CEO, Jeff Broadhurst, provides weekly updates to team members through our company portal, MyMenu. This consistent communication reaches both active and furloughed team members and we’ve been committed to continuing this to this day with either weekly e-mails or even video messages from Jeff.
- Many sites have offered food care packages, holiday meal kits, or weekly take-out meals to their team members who are temporarily laid off as well as a partnership with local animal rescues to pick up free pet food.
- We covered the full insurance premium for team members who were on a temporary laid-off or a modified work schedule, who were on the company’s benefits from March 24 – April 20.
- In the spring, team members who were temporarily laid off were offered a “Free Meal for 2” available for pick up at our restaurants twice a week as well as an increase to our team member discount at our restaurants from 20% to 40%.
- Team members have access to financial guidance resources from both our insurance broker and our retirement services provider and through the Employee Assistance Program.
- Our retirement plan was modified to allow team members to take loans up to $100k from their retirement plan or defer payments from prior loans.
- We also made sure to care for our active team members who worked diligently to adapt to the dynamic environment in the field by sending out care packages and fun pick-me-ups over e-mail like customized playlists, trivia, and messages of support and gratitude.