Our team members have just wrapped up our 40th annual Caring for Kids campaign with results that we are cheering about!
In a mere five weeks, we’ve raised $381,052! That total is built dollar by dollar from a multitude of individual fundraising events held at sites across our entire company. Here is a small sampling of some of the activities:
This was Heidelberg University’s first year fundraising for Caring for Kids and their local children’s hospital, Toledo Children’s Hospital. Team members participated by donating to the campaign in exchange for the privilege to dress casually on designated days at work. The fundraising didn’t stop there! The team also sold hot cocoa and homemade gingerbread cookies to students in the Commons building.
Our team members at Jefferson in Philadelphia, PA are passionate about supporting their local children’s hospital – Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. They engaged Jefferson students and faculty by offering chances to win their choice of over 25 raffle baskets! The team also hosted an off-site event – a twist on traditional Bingo. In their rendition, the Bingo prizes were a selection of designer handbags.
At Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA, team members held a first-time happy hour event at the Red Ring, a Parkhurst-operated, open-to-the-public restaurant. The event featured complimentary appetizers, celebrity bartenders, raffle baskets, and a 50/50! The dollars that they raised will benefit the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
The team at PNC fundraised for Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh as well. Team members got a head start by participating in the hospital’s annual Walk for Children’s 5K in the summer! The pledges that they worked hard to collect benefitted their Caring for Kids campaign. They also contributed several compelling and lucrative themed baskets to the Parkhurst Online Auction. The basket themes ranged from Pierogis to Tailgating!
No words can express our gratitude to all of the guests and team members who opened their hearts for such a great cause. This campaign truly makes a difference in the lives of children. This year, Caring for Kids benefitted the following hospitals:
- Akron Children’s Hospital
- Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley
- Arnot Ogden Medical Center
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Comer Children’s Hospital
- Dayton Children’s Hospital
- Four Diamonds Fund at Penn State
- Geisinger Health System
- Indiana Regional Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Penn Highlands Healthcare
- Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
- Saint Vincent Health System
- Toledo Children’s Hospital
- University of Virginia Children’s Hospital
- West Virginia University Children’s Hospital
You must log in to post a comment.